A common question from BookJingle customers is “Why is my payment differerent than the amount shown when I place my buyback order?”
There are several potential reasons for this to occur:
1. The shipment contained books that were not on the Packing Slip.
If additional books were shipped that were not included on the Packing Slip, BookJingle may possibly be able purchase those books. If BookJingle is currently purchasing that title, the amount will be added to your total.
2. The shipment was missing books that were listed on the Packing Slip.
The amount offered for the missing books will be deducted from the payment.
3. Book(s) did not meet condition requirements.
BookJingle examines each book upon receipt. If a book does not meet the BookJingle condition guidelines, it will be rejected and the amount will be deducted from the total. Here are reasons why a book would be rejected:
• Books with front cover torn to indicate disposal or marked “not for resale”
• Water damage/moisture damage
• Stained pages
• Missing/loose/torn pages
• Books with an odor (smoke, musty, etc.)
• Advanced Reading Copies/Uncorrected Proofs/Galley Copies
• Teacher’s Editions and Annotated Instructor’s Editions
• Workbooks/Manuals/Study guides that have been worked
• Teacher Solutions Manuals and Answer Keys
• International/Foreign Edition Textbooks
• Books without an ISBN printed anywhere on the book
• Sets with missing volumes
4. Book(s) were missing supplemental items.
If a book is missing a CD, DVD, online access code, etc, 50% of the offered amount is deducted for that particular book.
5. Hardcover books were missing dust jackets.
If a hardcover book is missing the dust jacket, 50% of the offered amount is deducted for that particular title.
BookJingle sends an email upon receipt of the books indicating the total to be paid and explaining why payment is different than originally quoted. BookJingle customers can get back any books that are not accepted. If the customer wishes to have their book(s) back, they must pay the shipping costs. Payment for the return shipping can be made via check or Paypal within 15 days. After 15 days, the item is either destroyed or recycled in accordance with company policies.